Galicia is in fashion. The octopus also since April is a month in which it is in season. If you want to learn how to prepare the famous Galician octopus recipe, we will teach you.
Galician octopus in Galicia
This dish is a main element of typical Galician food. It is also associated with the regions of El Bierzo (León province) and Sanabria (Zamora province) because they are close to Galicia.
The origin of the dish is found in two main reasons:
- Seafood products, in Spain and especially in Galicia, are not only abundant but of very good quality. Specifically, seafood is the hallmark of the Galicians and with it great dishes recognized beyond the seas are prepared.
- It is a dish of a very simple preparation that has its origin in pilgrimages, festivals and traditional fairs. In fact, in Galician the same dish is known as polbo á feira, associating it directly with the festivities.
This dish involves a very simple preparation. What can be a bit more complex is the cooking of the octopus itself. In fact, if we do not have enough experience, we may not do it correctly. Even so, do not worry because at Congelados Apolo we are specialists in cooking octopus and we already offer it cooked and in different formats, so that you can choose the one that best suits you according to the recipe to be made.
In this way, “Pulpo a la Gallega” is even easier to prepare and requires very few ingredients. It is the ideal recipe to prepare a delicious, easy and fast dish!
- The night before, remove from the freezer and defrost in the refrigerator without removing from the package.
- Wash the potatoes, peel them and cut them in half.
- Cook the potatoes.
- When they are cooked, we peel them into slices and place them on a wooden plate.
- Heat the Apolo chopped cooked octopus in the microwave without removing it from the container. At medium temperature for approximately 1 minute (do not overheat so as not to lose its qualities, the octopus dehydrates and changes its texture).
- Remove from the container and place on the potato base.
- Add paprika, extra virgin olive oil and finally coarse salt.
- And now you can enjoy a delicious dish of the famous "Pulpo a la Gallega" of the best quality!